Green initiatives in Zürich

Searching for green initiatives in Zürich, I found a couple of interesting ones. The first initiative I’d like to mention is the use of solar panels on rooftops. This photo is from Albisrieden in Zürich, where I saw a few buildings with solar panels on the roofs.


As I was driving and walking around in Zürich looking for buildings with solar panels on the roofs, I was somewhat surprised not to see any school buildings with solar panels on the roofs. If you happen to know of schools here in Zürich that have put up solar panels on the roofs, please do let me know.

The second great initiative, that I’d like to emphasize is the huge flowerpots that are placed all around the city of Zürich. The 2 photos below will give you an impression of this extraordinary initiative. Reading this article, I learned that it will be possible to enjoy the 300 large flowerpots, that are making the city more beautiful this Summer, until September 20th 2009.



Comments

Popular Posts