Learning how to climb a mountain

Yesterday, I learned how to climb a mountain – more precisely “Grosser Mythen” located in the centre of Switzerland about 1,900 meters above sea level.


When you live in Switzerland, it’s a good idea to learn how to climb a mountain. Why? Because there are quite a lot of relatively large mountains here. Here are 3 things I learned by walking up the mountain:
# 1: Remember to drink water once in a while. You sweat a lot, when you walk up a mountain.
# 2: If you want to enjoy the stunning scenery: First stop - then watch.
# 3: Be sure to watch out where you set your feet. The road of the mountain I climbed was somewhat uneven, narrow, and more or less all rock.


On the way up the mountain, I saw something very fascinating: Snow and beautiful flowers right next to each other.


At the top of the mountain, I had a soup at the restaurant there. I asked the people, who work at the restaurant, how they get the food and beverages, that they sell, up there. They told me that they carry some of it up the mountain, and that the rest is transported by helicopter. As I walked around the restaurant, I was thrilled to see that the people, who run the place, use solar panels to generate electricity.

Comments

Popular Posts