Watching this 80 minute video in which, for example Mr. Eric Schmidt and Mr. John Doerr participate, I learned a number of things. Here are some examples:
- There is 6,000 times more solar energy than humans use.
- I learned about an opportunity to print inexpensive solar cells with an ink-jet printer. Yes, that was an eye-opener to me as well. Great idea!
- The interest of students to work with energy topics has increased considerably. And they can’t wait to change things.
- Unemployed people in the construction industry could insulate homes and buildings starting right now. Every day wasted is a day lost.
- The largest single trend on the planet is urbanization. We’re going to go from 2 Billion people living in cities to 4 Billion people living in cities over the next 40 years.