How does a company open up? Part # 1: Use more and bigger windows

There are several ways for a company to open up more. I have found out that through the way company buildings are made, a company can do quite a lot. To be very concrete: Using windows could be a way of advancing openness.

This morning, I drove around the neighbourhood, where I live here in Zurich, to have a look at the buildings of some of the companies that work here. I wanted to see to what degree they use windows in their buildings. I was actually very positively surprised to see that many company use nice, big windows, so people working in the building can see out - and people outside the building can see in. It promotes - in a way - an open, friendly, welcoming atmosphere, I think.

Here’s a photo of one the better examples – a building at Siemens:

Comments

Popular Posts