Huawei Ascend P2 smartphone

I continue to be amazed about the speed of innovation happening around mobile electronic devices - including smartphones. Looking back a few years, it is simply astonishing to observe the development going on in this business. We surely live in an age of relatively strong technological change - not least changes related to the Internet and mobile electronic devices. Moore's law seems to go on and on proving its predictions.

At digitec I recently invested in a Huawei Ascend P2 smartphone. I'm quite impressed by the performance of this device - find that the value of using this smartphone is high. For example, the smartphone works even faster than I expected. A click on a link, for example in a tweet on Twitterquickly opens the respective website. The 4.7 inches screen is, I find, a good size for using the apps that I downloaded. With the amazon kindle app as well as the Flipboard app, for example, the reading experience on the smartphone is good. Another app I find quite impressive and which is particularly convenient on a smartphone is Google translate. I find it really extraordinary how you can speak words in one language into the phone and hear a voice say out loud the translation of those words in several other languages. This technology seems to open up for the possibility that we can globally all communicate with each other. In this regard, I learned from studying Gartner's 2013 hype cycle for emerging technologieswhich I came across via this blog posting, that speech-to-speech translation is located on the steep slope going up at the start of of the hype cycle.

I chose the black version of the Huawei Ascend P2, and together with the slim design, the beautifully rounded edges and a screen that covers more or less the entire front, I find the design nice. The smartphone also lies well in the hand. Should I make one wish to people working in this industry, it would be to speed up innovation in battery technology. To see a short review of the Huawei Ascend P2 smartphone, have a look at this 2 minute video featuring the Huawei Ascend P2. To know more about Huawei, have a look at this presentation.

Comments

Popular Posts