Learning to eat with the right hand
Over the past weeks I have been learning from many kind people about how to eat with the right hand. Why? Because in Chennai, where I will be from January to March 2020, many people eat with the right hand. In the learning process, I picked up a few useful tricks:
- Try with the tip of your fingers to form, what you eat, into a little ball.
- Use your thumb to push the food from the tip of your hand into your mouth.
- Keep the palm of your hand untouched by food.
- Use your thumb to clean your hand.
- Avoid licking your fingers.
- Avoid using your left hand to eat. Why? Because the left hand is used primarily when you go to the toilet. Use your left hand to drink.