More Swiss people advocate a Switzerland without military

Reading this Credit Suisse e-magazine article, I noticed that, according to a study, 27 percent of Swiss citizens currently tend to advocate a Switzerland without military - compared to an average of 24.4 percent over the last five years. Having a closer look at the results of the study, I also noticed that when asked about what the 2 biggest weaknesses of Switzerland are, the Swiss first of all mentioned "too many laws and bans".

Regarding the need for security, that many Swiss people - according to the study - have, I came across this sign while walking down from Üetliberg in Zürich some time ago. I can confirm the message on the sign: Living here in Switzerland, I have come to know the Swiss as polite people.

Comments

Popular Posts