In this very interesting blog posting, Gary Hamel presents the following 10 management challenges regarded as uniquely critical:
1. Ensuring that managerial work serves a higher purpose.
2. Fully embedding the ideas of community and citizenship in management systems.
3. Reconstructing the philosophical foundations of management.
4. Eliminating the pathologies of formal hierarchy.
5. Reducing fear and increasing trust.
6. Reinventing the means of control.
7. Redefining the work of leadership.
8. Expanding and harnessing diversity.
9. Reinventing strategy making as an emergent process.
10. De-structuring and disaggregating the organization.
Thinking about how the company, you work for, is managed, which of the above mentioned management challenges do you view as being the most important?