Internet of Things means changes. How do we learn to adapt?
With the development of the Internet of Things, nearly every object you can imagine will be connected to the Internet. That means that, globally, billions of things will be connected to the Internet. In this posting, this posting, and this posting, I read that, increasingly, we can use our smartphones / tablets / notebooks to, for example,
- turn lights on and off,
- lock and unlock doors,
- roll the window blinds / curtains up and down,
- increase and lower room temperatures,
- get a notification if the refrigerator door is open after x seconds or if the stove is still on after y seconds - even if no pan / pot is on the stove.
- get a notification when someone rings the doorbell.
- find out - due to sensors in lights - how much and how a space is being used. With this information, technology can help us, for example, turn off lights in locations that are not being used or inform us where, in particular, we need to use the vaccuum cleaner and mop to clean.