How can we hack farming? #openfood

During the #openfood campaign and hackdays in Lausanne and Zürich in Switzerland, I heard / read / saw relatively little about people working on hacking / rethinking / improving farming. There was one initiative, though, that I found fascinating: OpenFarm, using which you can see on a map where local food producers are located. Read more about it here and here.

In this posting, I would like to offer some more inspiration on farming innovation - in terms of research I have done on the topic. What interests me is not least how we can use technology to create more value in farming / agriculture. Just so you know it, I grew up and have lived in cities for most of my life, so I have relatively little experience with farming / agriculture. In other words, please go a little easy on me when / if you give me feedback ;-) Happy reading.






Comments

Popular Posts