Contributing to UNBOSS, I learned, for example, that one key to creating more value for more people is by involving external people, for example using blogs / social media and other crowdsourcing technologies.
Preparing for this week’s Social Media Gipfel, I came across this flashmob that ballet dancers did in Zürich. Noticing that the flashmob is one the popular videos on the Opernhaus Zürich YouTube channel, I asked Christian Holst at this week's Social Media Gipfel what thoughts he and his colleagues have regarding doing similar initiatives – and thereby bring ballet, opera etc. to, for example, city squares and the like. The initial thoughts I had, which led me to ask the question, were that I would think initiatives like this would contribute to adding more colour to life in cities, encourage people to, for example, become even more interested / involved in learning about music, dance etc., and also give people special opportunities to share surprising, happy cultural experiences on social media.
Reflecting on the Social Media Gipfel, which I think is an interesting initiative, I find it valuable that moderators Olivia Menzi and Marcel Bernet keep talks relatively short and want to encourage interaction among participants. In this regard, I came to think that one or more conversation exercises such as the ones embedded below might be interesting to use to encourage even more interaction at an event like this. A concrete possibility, I thought of, could be to moderate 3 minute chats / exchanges in 2-person groups right after a talk / presentation. A question from the moderator could be: “Please talk, for 3 minutes with the person sitting next to you, about what is important to you in the talk / presentation you just heard.” After this 3 minute chat / exchange in 2-person groups, the moderator could ask a couple of people to shortly say out loud what they had talked about with the person sitting next to them.
I visited Ree Park in Denmark earlier this month. I had a great time there. Ree Park is an interesting Experience Economy contribution. Here are some impressions from the day, I spent there: The lemurs in the park look really cute and come really close to guests. The Cheetahs are really agile and can run more than 100 km per hour. This is what the cheetahs had for lunch. Listening to the guide talk to the large number of people watching the feeding of the cheetahs, I learned that it's horse meat. The white powder on the meat is, as I understood it, vitamins. Here's a coke machine in the park that is adapted to the surroundings. Good innovation. I think it’s a good idea to split up the park in different continents. That way, it’s easy for guests to learn about on which continents different animals live. If you’re interested in watching videos from Ree Park, click here .
Comments