Andermatt, Switzerland

In Andermatt, Switzerland, an impressive project is being developed which will make Andermatt a year-round destination. On www.andermatt.travel I read that the project includes 710 residential units, 30 private villas, and six 5- and 6-star hotels with a total capacity of 600 guest rooms. The resort will feature a professional 18-hole golf course as well as a sports complex incorporating a swim hall and a spa. The visionary person behind the project is Mr. Samih Sawiris.

Although I did not see everything in and around Andermatt, when I was there, I was a little surprised to see just one solar panel, as I visited the nice place. Why? Because I noticed that the sun seems to be somewhat stronger and shine more often in the mountains than at sea level. I spotted the solar panel (photo below) at Gemsstock, 3 kilometres above sea level. You can reach Gemsstock from Andermatt by taking the "Seilbahn".

Comments

Popular Posts